Thursday, October 26, 2006

in about two weeks or so

here we are again right around my favorite time of year and i have agreed surreptitiously to participate in a poetry thing. don't know what it's called and haven't been officially confirmed but it means i will be getting up in front of people (unprecedented) and speaking words. words that i hope will flow-and move and transform, words as yet unwritten mostly. how did this come about you ask? i recited my one single memorized piece to a lady with power and she liked it. i liked that she liked it and i like to speak it so why haven't i done so in 5 years? don't know, didn't feel the flow i guess. but now i am hoping it will revisit my dry river bed of creativity and rush and gush throughout my mind b/c i think she said i have to have 5-10 mins of stuff and while i am sure i currently have at least 60 mins, only a couple of mins of it is stuff i want strangers to hear.....we shall see, wish me love and luck? let me know if you wanna come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wishing you both and hoping i can make it.

love,
kari

Unknown said...

wish I had the guts to do something like that. I have turned into such a scared little wallflower.

Ingrid said...

man, i wish i had enuff material to do something like that...