Monday, June 15, 2009

Another Irony

I get warnings a lot from random internet sources-ones that say if I don't do something, sign up for something, pay for something, that something bad will happen.

I have learned to turn a blind eye to most of these warnings.

Recently Yahoo started sending me 'warnings' about my account's safety or something or other, about how I could be saved from potentially losing my password and other things.

I ignored it until the other day I tried to log on and Yahoo told me that I would not be able to log on until I created a some safe questions. Safe questions that I could ask to be asked in the event I 'lost' my password and could not log in.

Now all this is fine and dandy. I have this 'feature' on my bank website, my student loan website, and various other sites as well. I am basically ok with it, because I tend to forget those log ins and passwords from time to time. Ironically, when I do forget, where do they send the little reminder? To my Yahoo email account.

Now where does my Yahoo account want to send my password reminder? To my Yahoo email account. The ONLY email I have at the moment. Which, and I shall point out the obvious, is ironic because if I forget the password to my Yahoo account, and then it SENDS my password reminder TO my Yahoo account, there is still no way I can get it back.

It's ok. I am not worried. I know I can get another email, but that would be yet another password to remember and I know I would not use it anyway. I am settled here. Content. If the impossible does happen-memory loss due to some extreme occurence, or some other unconscionable thing, then I will deal with it when it comes. I'm crazy cool like that. Cool as a cucumber.

No comments: