Wednesday, June 22, 2005

look, it's shiny!

I am still computer-less. boo. I think I am unable to work efficiently until I get one. Or maybe it is the sunshine? The world will know when I get a computer and then I become more efficient, or things stay the same. Only time, and my psychic grandma will tell. Actually I do not have a psychic grandma. My grandma is your run of the mill grandma, with great stories and great chocolate chip cookies.

What I really wanted to type about today is my shiny light pen. One of the benefits of working in the promotional product industry is that a horde of useless crap crosses my desk every day, and sometimes the crap is FUN. And then I keep it and order 6 more for myself, oops, my friends--I order 6 more for my friends. I gave Abi a Nalgene, which she broke. I gave the 'rents a booklight and a savvy flashlight/alarm clock combo. I gave Liz a snazzy picnic cooler holder thingy with a place for wine AND a bottle opener, and plates and a cutting board for cheese. My favorite things to keep are the shiny things and the lighty things. I am like a child in that way. I had a magnetic button (think about that one) at my desk in the shape of a star that flashed lots of little lights and felt kind of strobe-y. I was in love with that one. Then the batteries ran out and I had to dispense of it. I have a pen that lights 6 different colors and the end kind of looks like a lava lamp. Call me Simple Shirley, but I can't get enough of it!

That said, can't really say much else about it. Not the most intriguing thought-provoking stuff, I know. If you like shiny things, holla!

No comments: