Sunday, March 12, 2006

dance and grin

this is the BEST FAST EVER! yah, ok. it's my first one, but it really is the best, ok?


I am coming to an end, I feel, of a certain negative time in my life and gearing up to move on, so to speak. It is a problem that has plagued me for centuries (pardon my careless word exaggeration, but the feeling needed emphasis). I have seen a therapist about it, talked my friends ear's off about it, and pondered over it and it's overwhelming affect on all aspects of my life-and lately, of course, I have been reading and praying and meditating and fasting all the while going through this thing that a year ago would have had me on a bender, smoking and drinking and in general living in a frenzied state of attached denial-as opposed to my current more detached self now, state of love and giving, knowing that even though something worrisome is happening at the end of the month, that "Thou wilt never cause tribulations to befall any soul unless Thou desirest to exalt his station in Thy celestial Paradise and butress his heart in this earthly life with the bulwark of Thine all-compelling power, that it may not become inclined toward the vanities of this world."
Andrew, in his blog, spoke of "the power of sacrifice in the path of God, and of how liberating it truly is to lay ones desires down in favor of adhering to God's exhortations, admonitions, and statutes." And in all honesty, a year ago I would have maybe read that statement and said, "Yah,ok, like that stuff makes life better!"....but it has. I am so happy I chose this path. That is all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bzzz. (a buzzing of happiness at all that metamorphosis.)

"The emptiness was complete and it persisted stubbornly until it decided it was time for something more."

"And then, suddenly, something more appeared... It brought light, and life, and beauty to the universe.

" ...and the emptiness begged for more."

-Clan Apis, by Jay Hosler

ElleG77 said...

aww...more grins...

Anonymous said...

yayyyyy!!! i'm soooo glad you've enjoyed this period of time and seen value in it. reading this post makes me wish i had been able to actually abstain from food during this fasting season... although i've qualified for those exemptions every day so far. but, i was realizing last night that my whole "all or nothing" attitude about the fast isn't all that helpful... and your post reminded me that one of the reasons we fast is to remind ourselves to turn to God, instead of all the earthly things we turn to to make it through the day. oh how i wish i had "observed" the fast even though i wasn't required to abstain from food. i'm envious of your experience, but also so, so glad you had it!!

kari