Monday, November 27, 2006

things about being unemployed....

1. you go through toilet paper a lot faster because you are home for many more hours in the day

2. dishes pile up faster because ALL three meals are now eaten at home

3. people divide into two categories-the ones who've had crap happen to them and the ones who haven't. the ones who have are appropriately sympathetic and generally say the right thing. the ones who haven't look at you with suspicion as though you deserved to get fired. those people suck.

4. you sleep a whole lot more-and not necessarily because you need to

5. you remember that daytime television is exceedingly boring

6. certain of your friends fail the support test of friendship. some pass with flying colors.

7. your apartment becomes cleaner than ever, and then dirtier than ever with a rapidity you never thought possible.

8. old movies are watched over again and you realize you still know all the words

9. blogs are redesigned

10. you begin to dream about making money and working.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always noticed, but I don't know if I have ever told you: your writing rocks!!! I miss you.

ElleG77 said...

that is so nice, thanks!

Liz Dwyer said...

Oh I've always had nightmares about being fired...I think you are handling it quite well. I agree, it is odd how people probably view you after you've been fired. You are sure to find something worthwhile though. Just keep trying.

ElleG77 said...

thanks, much appreciated! it's definitely affording me some serious reflection and growth, you know?
btw what a gorgeous boy!