Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Lunchtime solutions

First of all, it's about 70 degrees out and people are definitely ice skating at Millenium Park. Awesome, why didn't I bring my skates? Imagine, lunch break ice skating in 70 degree weather

Second of all, I made an executive decision after being stranded on the South Side last night after having gotten on the wrong bus and needing to use the restroom with none in sight and not making it home for 2 and half hours instead of the usual 1 hour. I have decided to 'liquidate' my IRA. It's not a large sum, but it's at least 5 times as large as I am in the hole right now and I figure since I plan on living a good long life it would be much better suited to me now than then. Plus I will start a 401 here soon enough.

So they are putting the check in the mail and hopefully I will be able to get a manicure and few more bills paid soon enough....

Third, I found a temp agency for catering. I am sending my waiting tables resume and will soon be able to pick up a few extra dollars on the weekends WHEN I WISH. That is the key, the when I wish part, all I have to do is say-hey I want some more money! And then call in my availability and poof, I'm serving food at a fancy party for some extra change on a random, planless Saturday or Friday evening. And I have a few of those planless weekend nights in the future, you know?

Ok today I am running my first auction at work. woot. I'm a professional.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice problem solving!
sorry about your bus experience.
i owe you a call -- hopefully my plans won't run too late tonight.

kari

Andrew said...

You sound so grown-up when you use the phrase, "liquidate my IRA". I find it incredibly impressive. Good on ya!

ElleG77 said...

yep. im all growed up. word

lollipop said...

You should call my mom. She can tell you how to make your liquidated assets make more assets. And she can make a plan for you for retirement so you can be amillionaire later. Really. You should call her.