Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Upon Returning....Lots of Dirty Work

This is a quick update. I have returned from my nine days away from the city. I had a great time. A very good time. Made me realize some big changes are needing to be made. Aside from those big changes, which are a few months in coming and not worth mentioning here at the moment, other things are happening.....

Let me preface what I am about to say by pointing out that I am not yet emotionally distraught. I could be soon.

1. My cat is dying. I do not have any details I feel like sharing at the moment. Funny enough, another cat showed up on my doorstep the other day and I thought very seriously about keeping it....but I didn't. I will likely be putting her down within the next two weeks but this all depends how soon I can get a friend to help me by driving me and her to the appropriate place.

2. I seem to be a victim of fraud. Someone managed to get my numbers and used my CC at Greenlake, of all places, and then this morning at Walgreens, for some VERY LARGE purchases that have maxed out my credit card and put me in a very frustrating position. I am still waiting to find out about more details on this as well.

3. The exterminator came while I was gone to get rid of the mice who were leaving me presents in the kitchen for the last couple of weeks. He came and was successful at killing them, but now they are dead in my walls and my apartment smells like dead animal. Luckily it's been breezy and with my windows open it is not so discernible.....

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Wow. That's a lot of unpleasantness to come home to, indeed. Our family dog was put down last year, and it was intensely emotional. I feel for ya...

Also, it was great to see you in Los Angeles, my friend. I'm glad we were able to hang, if only for a little bit.