Monday, October 01, 2007

rockstar

Nothing like being on a slow-moving train on a gloomy fall morning while listening to a melancholy love song to make you feel like you are in a music video. I felt just a little more glamorous when I realized that all things had converged at just the right moment and were eliciting feelings of decorative sadness in my being. I leaned my head against the window and clung tightly to my backpack and tried to assume the 'life sucks' facial expression that properly befits a music video, but no one will ever know how successful I was in creating said artistic image. Probably the business professional outfit did not help. But the backpack I held did have a hole in it, but instead of all my worldly posessions, it contained my gym shoes and sports bra for the run I plan on attempting later at the gym in my building....sigh.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

I LOVE moments like this. I totally know what you mean. There was one winter in Chicago where I was riding the red line and I was somewhere near the Berwyn stop and just looking out the window, just then this one song on Bjork's Vespertine album started playing and it was a serendipitous convergence of pure perfection. I totally felt like I was the video. I love that song always.

Maysoon said...

Hehehe I saw you and slightly giggled!!! You have been doing great at the running thang! I am soo motivated!

Monday's Child said...

I bet you looked fabulous :-)

Andrew said...

Yes! The train seems so perfect for moments like these!

And wow. Did Lacey just say "serendipitous convergence of pure perfection"? I love my friends!