Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Apparently it's just like that

I am working on my timeliness. I am not necessarily chronically late-there are things I am on time for but not a lot.

But as I attempt to stop showing up 10 minutes late for work I have learned some things.

If I leave my house at 7:30am, I get to work around 8:38-8:45

If I leave my house at 7:40am, I get to work around 8:27-8:40

If I leave my house at 7:45am, I get to work around 8:40-8:49

If I leave my house at 7:50am I get to work around 8:40-8:49

None of this is an exageration. I take the same train that runs on the same track EVERYDAY. And everyday my eyes are magnetized to the phone clock or the iPod clock checking, checking, constantly checking.

So now the conclusion is, to be absolutely sure I am here in my seat by 8:30am, I have to leave my house at 7:15am, because of rush hour, on the trains, which makes it take just that much longer, it is the only way I can ensure I get here on time. Which means I have to always be up by 6am-or 'getting ready' by 6am, shoot to leave by 7am, which will inevitably turn into 7:15 to account for last minute changes to wardrobe, lunch-making, preening, or whatever else it is I do in the morning that makes me late.

To be clear, I usually am up before 6 but because I am weird, I try to work out, wash dishes or clean in the morning. And watch the news. All things but getting ready things....sometimes I even do a load of laundry. It's my productive time. I don't know. Don't say I'm a morning person. I'm not.

This morning I left my house at 4:52am and got here at 5:34am. DAMN! I was shooting for 6am. It's why I've had a chance to tap this little ditty out. My boss should be here soon. We have an auction to run!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had no idea you were a morning person. You are so. You definitely are so. i don't know what to think.