Friday, December 03, 2010

Sometimes Life is Bittersweet

I've had an insane amount of clarity lately. My twin brother keeps telling me this is our year, and I am inclined to agree with him, although what it will look like, I will not begin to imagine.

Every moment of every day I am in touch with my emotions, the driving factors behind them, my desires and goals and weaknesses and strengths and every second I have a two-hour conversation in my head waiting to happen.

Suffice it to say, I am eternally grateful for my blessings, my friends and my enemies. I am so glad to have suffered and to continue to suffer for growth and wisdom. I read not too long ago that joy is a natural state of the heart and not something affected by external influences and that could not be more true for me.

But the sadnesses in my life are also ever present, missed opportunities, choices made blindly that led to something lost, it keeps me somber, and grounded. It keeps me perserverant. It keeps me determined. It keeps me thankful.

I wish I could express in words what I am feeling...my soul expands and envelops life in one single movement. I can't wait to hug my friends.

No comments: