Thursday, October 20, 2005

oh me so handy/i'm no carpenter

I got my couch last night. It was actually a loveseat, since I had determined that would best fit in my place after having to get rid of my couch. Ii had to bribe my bro's fiance to drive me all the way out to the UPS facility at 9545 W. Fullerton. That is way the crap out there, by the way. Of course, when we got there, we couldn't fit the box in the trunk (duh) we had to take it out of the box and transport it in pieces. Then we had to squeeze me and her 7 year old son in the passenger side in the front, and her with her 6 month pregnant self drove. Precious cargo. We drove very carefully. I came home and assembled. I have assembled just about everything in my apartment. I actually enjoy it. I even took down the closet shutter doors and reassembled them correctly, my landlord had put them on crooked.

Overall assembly has taken me an embarassing amount of hours. But I did it all with no help. It really is my own place now. Happy happy. I like tools. Something to know, I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive!

Kari

Anonymous said...

I had a good time at the mall last night. I'm glad it all worked out. My head is still spinning from the Techno Teacups.
Can't wait to Partay at your place.
HALLAH!
gAVIN