Sunday, November 20, 2005

CHILDHOOD INSTA-RECALL

HOW TO RECALL CHILDHOOD INSTANTLY:

1. Rediscover Apple Juice

2. Read Green Eggs and Ham before going to bed at night. (Occasionally switch to the Cat in the Hat, or One Fish Two Fish...)

3. Make someone read Shel Silverstein to you.

4. Put on lots of layers of clothes and go fall down in the snow. Make a snow angel.

5. Eat copious amounts of grilled cheese sandwiches and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, without the crust.

6. Buy a night light and use it. (They got really cool ones these days, way better than when we were children)

7. Gather all the pillows and blankets in your house and make a fort using the table and chairs.

8. Line all the stuffed animals in the house around your bed to fight off the monsters.

9. Watch your favorite show ten times in a row until you know all the words. Then say them aloud everytime you watch it.

10. Stare wide-eyed at everyone around you. Smile when they look at you funny and laugh if they make a face.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love coming to your blog. I think my favorite on this list is falling down in snow. Although rediscovering apple juice is a close second. Something about that fast, gulping attitude to ingesting cool, sweet fruit liquid. (Or are you an apple juice sipper? Well, that's okay. We can still be friends.) I hope you're feeling well. (Literally -- feeling your life in a rewarding way.) I've had the strangest desire for home-made spaghetti ever since reading your previous post...

ElleG77 said...

i am a gulper and i AM feeling well, even in my sadnesses, which hit me at odd times. thank you for the well-wishing. it's not that hard these days to access, when i try, the love in my heart and bring it to the surface...i miss my friend who passed, but i feel a love for her strongly and that feels good...

i hope you are feeling well as well, learning and loving where you are! i shall visit your blog now....here i come!

Anonymous said...

haha. this is great.

Anonymous said...

I want to half-swallow(R) a noodle and dangle it in front of my sisters face. Really gross her out. Ah.
Gavin said so.