Monday, November 07, 2005

that's the way i see it today.


Not a compliment: Leslie, you seem like you would be a good sales person! That makes sense that that is what you do.

Compliment: Really, sales? That is not what I would picture you doing at all. Sales? Hmmm...that's weird.


Comment number one was from an uncle several months ago when they, my aunt and uncle, took me out for lunch and gave me a cat.

Comment number two was from this morning, a friend of 7 years, ran into him on the train at 730am. He asked, "What is it you do, anyway?" Last time he and I spoke of jobs (mine, in particular) I was a reading tutor on the west side of Chicago for underprivileged children. I loved that job. That's where I was first called Miss Leslie. That was like, four years ago.

This morning in the sales meeting we discovered that I had the best sales last week. I sold $8,851 worth of promotional products. Go me. My biggest order was for 7,000 New Mother's Kits, to Sudbury District Health in Canada. Good clients. Unfotunately, I still did not make my weekly sales goal. If you do the math I actually sold -$4,149. (I was supposed to sell somewhere in the vicinity of $13,000.) By the way, this number is supposed to be 'motviating'. I am supposed to see that and be all, motivated.

I am going to be about numbers right now.

If I made my sales goal every week, I would make this company $676,000 a year. If I got 10% comission, I would make $67,000. That would be nice. (I don't make my sales goal) and I don't make comission. I make less than half that salary. Considerably less. The thing is, I am thinking about it. I don't really want to be thinking about it. But I am. Go away, thoughts about money. I hate you. Bleh.

No comments: