Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Terrifying

I dreamed last night that I was baking fresh cut green and red peppers and when I was getting ready to take them out of the oven, they slipped back further into the oven hot place and combusted. I was in my parent's house except it was my house. I saw flames shooting out of the back of the oven and through the bottom and then they filled the room (like in that movie Backdraft) and I was incredulous because how does that happen when baking peppers? I tried to put it out but I knew as I tried that I was signing my own death certificate by standing there futilely throwing water on the fire that was already catching on my clothes and skin. After I abandoned the effort and dream-slow moved toward the back door which I knew would be locked, I began to contemplate the way my skin would look after they found my body. And then I woke up. EWW! I have never ever had a dream like that.

I looked up the meaning on my trusty website and I am still at a loss as to my own inner psyche. Damn. I am burning up inside apparently....


Fire

To dream of that you are being burned by fire, indicates that your temper is getting out of control. Some issue or situation is burning you up inside.

To dream that a house is on fire, indicates that you need to undergo some transformation. If you have recurring dreams of your family house on fire, then it suggests that you are still not ready for the change or that you are fighting against the change. Alternatively, it highlights passion and the love of those around you.

No comments: