Sunday, April 14, 2013

Just wondering

Is it acceptable to respond to people on dating websites the way you would in person?

Or, because it is a dating website, do you have to be all strategic and selective? Generally speaking, in the real world, if someone says "Hey!" I say "Hey," and if someone says "What kind of cheese do you like?" I say "Gouda!" Or something like that.

But here, oh god, here......in the interwebby world of romance...

I feel bad talking about some of the guys who approach/contact me...which is why I haven't. But every once in a while a guy who is decidedly younger than my preferred range of age will send me a message. And sometimes...he will send me LOTS of messages before I have decided whether or not to respond....and I just want to say..."Hey Kiddo!" and leave it at that.

Just.... "Hey Kiddo!" and see what they say.

When they seem nice, and fairly attractive, I feel compelled to respond.. But what I actually do is check their profile, check FB, then go wash dishes.

I did meet a fantastic guy in the real world and he seemed into me but after a few days of silence on his end, I have to conclude that he was actually NOT into me. Good thing I didn't do anything humiliating like show up on his doorstep with a dozen roses. Get really drunk and leave a thousand messages on his phone like "Why! Whyyyyyyyhayhayaeyeyuh haven't you called me?"

Yep. I am totally well-adjusted and handle rejection well. (Lemme just go toss out these wilting roses...just kidding!)



No comments: