Thursday, April 04, 2013

Packing Dilemma

I hate that every single dress I own (which is a modest 9) has been ruthlessly showcased on FB because my stupid friends think every meal or outing has to be immortalized (which is fine) and publicized (which is less fine).

It makes actual special events, like one's father's birthday, hard to pack for. I begin to wish I had a new dress, I begin to contemplate buying one, I begin to justify the not-planned-for, added stress to an already stressed out budget, I begin to imagine being able to fit in a trip to the mall between the warmly anticipated brunch date (am I paying for that too since I asked him?) and the actual surprise birthday dinner.

Social media makes fashion hard.

And clearly keeps me up past my bedtime.



2 comments:

SarahA said...

My friends have noticed that I wear the same dress to all weddings. It bugs me a little but I only go to 1-2 weddings a year. It's not worth it. It helps that I love it although it's getting a little tight (and it's not backwards).

ElleG77 said...

HAHAHAHAA!!!