Tuesday, April 17, 2007

get er done

Why is it I am always so much more effective at getting things done when I have little time and lots to do then when the opposite? I thrive off busyness. But become slightly sluggish when there is time to spare.

Last night on my way home from work I made like a thousand phone calls 'taking care of business' and today I tried to tie up the loose ends. I did the IL portion of my taxes on lunch and in a moment I am whizzing off to a B4 study session, tomorrow I plan the reflection meeting, thursday laundry, friday voting, saturday field trip with the kids and sunday reflection meeting, not to mention work and the fact that I have to go running at least 3 more times this week.

But I am happy and content, if not a little anxious that the people I contacted (the ball is in their court) get back to me soon....

Anyway one thing I have learned about myself is that I am persistent and annoying. Ok re-phrase that. My last job and my current job have developed in me a shameless aggression (my journalistic roots reveal themselves) in making sure I get the information I need. I call people ALL DAY requesting information. And most people, best friends included, can be 'distracted' and forgetful about returning calls and returning requested information. And many people (not sales people or journalists) seem to feel it is a bit rude to persist and keep calling someone when they've already left a message.

This is why sometimes some things never get done. Good intentions fall by the wayside with busy lives......my sales skill helps me to push it like I need to at work. My customer service/friendship side helps me to plead with shameless dignity to my friends....


Anyway, part of me feels a bit guilty at my pushiness. I think I will manage to accomplish certain feats (one website development comes to mind) that have been waited for and longed for. Anyway...that is all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please, push me. I wish I was annoying like you.