Friday, April 20, 2007

my new favorite quote

"Strain every nerve to acquire both inner and outer perfections, for the fruit of the human tree hath ever been and will ever be perfections both within and without. It is not desirable that a man be left without knowledge or skills, for he is then but a barren tree. Then, so much as capacity and capability allow, ye needs must deck the tree of being with fruits such as knowledge, wisdom, spiritual perception and eloquent speech."
-Baha'u'llah

And as my mentor so dubiously pointed out when we were studying this quote-we must strain EVERY nerve to acquire both inner and outer perfections. Straining EVERY nerve implies just how hard one must work to do this and at all times, too. I also like the part where it says inner and outer perfections. To me that means spiritual and physical and mental etc......which is why I started running.

OK well not entirely why, but I am certainly committed at this time in my life to attaining better physical health. I am going to the dentist for the first time in seven years. Aack! I've been avoiding it but no longer! And also the running. I have a woman who is helping me put together a running schedule. I started to get shin splints the other day but managed to do some things to avoid the debacle. Today, for the third time this week, I am going to run two miles before I go off to a wonderful event where I will be blessed to spend time with other wonderful people and vote for wonderful people for a wonderful cause. YAY!

In other news, some of the people I have attempted to contact this week have returned my calls and emails, others haven't. Grr. They better recognize! No one avoids me, NO ONE! Ima call them agin, you know what I'm saying?

No comments: