Thursday, April 05, 2007

TURTLES!

I belong to the Turtle Clan of the Ojibwe tribe. I'm not kidding. That bit of knowledge and the online 'family tree' I found a couple of months ago represents the majority of cultural knowledge I possess about that half of my chemical makeup. Oh, Booshoo is hello in Ojibwe.

But I say this all not because I am hankering to investigate or even emunerate. (is that a word? geez) But only because my twin brother is obsessed with turtles (they represent wisdom in my culture) and he has about a thousand strewn about his home and I have the good luck of taking care of two very live and very charming turtles this week while their adoptive parents are away.

I am about to go hang out with Michelangelo and Leonardo? I hope to goodness the names are right...these guys are not teenage but I've seen some pretty ninja-like moves over the last couple of days and I'm quite enjoying them a lot. (I'm also quite taken with the British accent of my co-workers and seem to have found a way to work their wording, if not their tone, into my writing....they would be having a bit of laugh at me if they knew...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had no idea about any of this turtle business. cool stuff.

kari