Monday, September 19, 2005

ok

I spent the entire day yesterday with a friend in need. She wears her sadness like an evening gown, elegant and graceful- men were drawn to her like a moth to a flame. We were all over the city of Chicago, running from her misery. When night settled in she lit up with a fury, smoking cigarette after cigarette. And I didn't want one! I was actually kind of grossed out by it.
Now it is morning and my laundry remains unclean, my hair disheveled and I am at work. Tonight I sign the lease to my new apartment! In Lincoln Square! Half off first months' rent. Yay! Also I have a new assignment for the magazine, also I am cocktailing at this fancy roof top designer party in a week, professional make-up artists will be doing me up all 40's style, for a 150$ and that will help me in my brokeness......good things. But my cat cried when I left the house at 9am in the morning yesterday, and hopped into bed with me at 1am when I returned. She very much misses me. Life is feeling very busy right now....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new place and the quick money! can't wait to see your new home when i come back from minnesota. call me.

kari

ElleG77 said...

i will call you have fun in the homeland, man!