Monday, July 09, 2007

Honey I Baked!

Here is something the person I next live with ought to know about me. I tend to find motivation and inspiration to do pressing things mostly in the early morning or late at night, when I should be doing other things like sleeping or getting ready for work.

For example, last night I vacuumed, washed dishes, scrubbed the floor and made lunch for the week all starting at about 1045pm. Finished around midnight. Listened to Damian Marley and Corrine Bailey Rae. Made homemade salad dressing and cut up my spinach and romaine for a delicious avocado salad and also an Ethiopian lentil dish. I am set for the week of lunches and then some.

But I had a bit of a problem, and this is not the first time this has happened with my late night cooking affairs. Namely...the onions and the garlic. Cutting them up in little tiny pieces is something I am not particularly good at. I cry a lot. My fingers get all stained, and last night, stinged. I had three or four completely invisible cuts in my hands that kept getting all full of onion....even after I was done cutting and washed my hands. It was so bad that when I flossed my teeth later, my lips got all tingly and swollen from my fingers. Bleh. Then this morning, when I thought I was safe, I tried to put in my contacts and stung my eyeballs. ger. I need a solution to this issue.....

4 comments:

Sholeh said...

you need a miniature food processor. :-)

Lacey said...

Or goggles. At least that might help with the crying.

I tried doing onions in the food processor, but I still cry before I can jam them in there.

ElleG77 said...

i think i need a food processor....i am ok with the tears i think. not the stingy fingers in the eyeballs when i have to take my contacts out....hmmm my birthday is in a few months.....

Maysoon said...

Soo have you bought yourself a food processor yet??? : )