Thursday, July 05, 2007

goodbye phone

so i bought a new phone the other day. it was time. the old one was nicked and old enough that the phone man at the store snorted and scoffed in disbelief when he saw it. but i loved that phone. it had a little mirror on it, which, i'm not gonna lie, i used to see if i had unsightly things on my face. very useful and handy. nobody likes a booger nose. also, i dropped it in green lake, once-the deepest lake in wisconsin-two years ago. after some days, the phone worked just fine. it was a miracle and put me forever in trust of the LG brand. plus, LG, i mean, those are my initials! it's seen me through becoming a Bahai, losing a best friend, new jobs and lost jobs, new apartments and new pets, friends moving to different countries.....it's been with me through all of that. and it's been trusty and dependable. i loved it. i'll admit there were times when i wanted fancy new fangled technology, like maybe a camera or video, or even better ringtones. but i was content. i was happy.

but like i said earlier, it was time.

so i went to the store and i got one. with a text plan. (i really don't like texting. i think it's a cop out on communication but people were texting me so much that i was literally paying out my ass to read their crap) someone actually asked me out via text. i still haven't replied. is that mean? but really that is neither here nor there. what is here is the fact that i got a phone with all that new fangled technology and i am charmed. i'm not gonna lie. i like it. i already have a video of cutie kayla dancing to the 'wheels on the bus'. and a picture of me and two ladies who do not live in chicago.....memories frozen on a thing that fits in my pocket. don't know what i will do with it all just yet. but it's there. and people can text me now. i am only paying 4 dollars a month for it as opposed to what i what i was paying before. hooray. no more bitterness. just love and love. and technology. gee......but i still miss that old phone.

No comments: