Saturday, July 16, 2005

I should be on tv.....

because then I could get a job. Let me explain. I have been "job-searching" and by that I mean, when the mood strikes me I visit one of three or four websites and see if there is anything available for which I am qualified and that would make me feel good about when the alarm goes off in the morning. So far the only journalism jobs posted are tv positions that, had that been my concentration in college, I would probably send my resume to them today with the full confidence it would not be received in laughter. It looks like either way my hopes of moving to MN are not to be realized. I will not move without a job and I can't find one....today I will make a pact to send off two resumes into the abyss. Time to step it up a bit.

I got my hair did today. I also now have contacts. It's very very very strange.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Leslie - anytime the mood strikes you to pass on those tv jobs to me... feel free to do so. also, i will keep my eyes on the columbia career center web site - they've got interesting stuff.

also - hmmm... well, i have a sort of contact at the star tribune... my best friend's sister is married to one of their photographers. although the photographer himself would probably barely remember me from the wedding. and my friend erica from central is working for some publishing company in minnesota... if you'd like i can try to get in contact with both of them. not that i'm advocating for you to move there. i'm having too much fun with you being here. but, you should pursue your dreams.

Anonymous said...

Kari. Come now. If Leslie gets a job in Minnesota, then she will move to Minnesota, meaning that when i return to Chicago, she will not be there and i will be...displeased...