Wednesday, May 21, 2008

How old and farty are you?

A co-worker brought this to my attention. Apparently those of us that are too old cannot hear these sounds. The younger folk can use them as phone rings and a teacher cannot hear when they get calls in class.

Of course, it seems to me that whether or not a teacher can hear the sound is mout since you cannot answer a call when you are in class anyway. But what do I know? The knowledge that you are being called and the delight of being capable of hearing something your farty old teacher cannot hear must bring untold delights to the youth of this day and age. Ah to be young!

Anyway, I played the sound and my 21 year old coworker heard it. I did not. I turned it up. Then I heard it. I turned it down and then 2 other youngish types started to complain about the sound. I found it fiendishly enjoyable! A way to annoy certain people and not be bothered one bit. Guess it goes both ways!

Tee hee.....

1 comment:

ElleG77 said...

i just listened to this at home, well, and heard background noise, people talking and laughing. if you hear that and not the buzzing, then you are OLD! because the buzzing is there. and it makes your ears tingle a bit.