Friday, May 30, 2008

It's on...

In the battle against complacency, it has come to my attention that it very nearly won yet another victory this week when I was given some well-placed and well-timed compliments. It's amazing what a sedative medicine compliments are to me. Give me one I believe, and I forget I was unsatisfied. Tell it to me sincerely with a little bit of honest contrast and I will abandon the mission at a hand and sit and revel in appreciation.

I just want to keep in mind long enough that I am not satisfied so that moments like these, when I have a computer at hand and little else to do, I actually spend that time doing things like working towards the specific goal I've had in mind for the last few months that will only be accomplished if I work instead of think about how nice it was I got those nifty compliments.


That being said, I am so going to bed now.

And a very wonderful person and total BFF of mine has just entered this country, albeit on the other side from where I am. Cannot wait to see her!!

No comments: