Friday, May 23, 2008

Lost Without You

My beautiful, battle tried and true, fabulous iPod is gone. I have been coping with a sense of loss for 6 full days and I have come to realize some things.

iPod=substitute for cigarette addiction. Not kidding!

Ever since it's been gone I have kind of sort of wanted to smoke. I didn't realize how much I'd come to rely on the surety of music in my ear until just now. And I find that I am not necessarily in a position to immediately replace the purchase, and that in and of itself makes me want to cry.

I have to listen to my own thoughts...or READ? Just kidding. I love reading. I have a book I am really into now which is good because with the amount of time I sit on trains a week, without that I think I would go crazy.

The part I am not thinking about is the place where I lost it-it is a place that many of us would like to think of as a place where no one would steal things. And the people I was around are people who know me and ideally love me enough not to steal from me. Well, we will not think about it. I have reached out to one last person-the person who gave me a ride home that evening, to see if he may have it in his car.

Here's hoping, and dreaming.

Here's a little song for my lonely iPod:

(imagine me singing to it:)

Baby you're the perfect shape (square)
Baby you're the perfect weight (fair)
I got your for my birthday
Can I hear this play, can I hear that play?
I tell you when to go or stop,
and you know how to play your part
I know you'd never hurt me

blah blah blah more lyrcis that rhyme...

I'm lost without you
Can't help myself
How does it feel?
To know that I love ya baby
I'm lost without you
Can't help myself
How does it feel?
To know that I love ya baby

No comments: