Monday, August 29, 2005

Duck Duck.....

I had a great time @ Greenlake. Lots of stimulation. Lots of people. Excitement. Learning, empowering and inspiring speeches and what not. I also learned that I am still clumsy as heck even without the aide of chemicals and toxins. Right now I have my phone sealed in a bag with silica packets taken from sample vinyl padfolios we got laying around the office-rumor has it that silica will suck all the moisture out the phone thereby restoring it to its former working order. It (my phone) decided to go for a swim in Greenlake without me. Now I have to deal with the consequences. I also lost my glasses, but a kind man/saviour returned them unharmed to Lost and Found.

But as I sit here I realize I missed out on a great opportunity. I was surrounded by Minnesotans. And I have been doing this survey with Minnesotans and non-Minnesotans for many many years:

In college a friend and I discovered that only us Minnesotans have played the game Duck Duck Gray Duck. Non-Minnesotans, or crazy people, as I like to call them, play this strange copy-cat game called Duck Duck Goose. "Gray duck, what's a gray duck?" they ask with exasperation. If you don't know, I'm not gonna tell you, crazy person.

Anyway, since then, I have never met a born and raised Minnesotan who says Duck Duck Goose, nor have I met a non-Minnesotan who knows about the illustrious Gray Duck. I so could have explored that this weekend! I could have had flyers made, something. I surely missed out. Anyway, if you read this, and you are from Minnesota, holla. Crazy people can holla, too. Are you a goose person or a gray duck person? I must must must must must know........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREY DUCK!

kari

Anonymous said...

Whats a grey duck!?

Shannon

Anonymous said...

if you don't know, i'm not gonna tell you, crazy person.

actually that is a good question, i will offer you this, they only exist in Minnesota. and they're grey.
-Les

Anonymous said...

hahaha, thanks for sharing your blog page with me. you're wierd. funny. and wierd. i like wierd though :) haha. greenlake was fun, wasn't it? and i think i know where minnesota is now! ;)

Anonymous said...

woot!