Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Linktastic

Once upon a time I had a boyfriend who knew Linux better than he knew English. He could speak the language of computers oh so well. It was.....sexy???? Mmm, maybe not so much. But he definitely opened my eyes to the world of websites, or rather, the possibility of having my own. He started this bloggy thing for me, anyway. Then, I dumped him (it's fun to say that, dumped), and I no longer have a computer whiz brain to pick when it so moves me to do things all technical-like on the computer.

But I enjoy the fact that at least I know how to go into my template and cut and paste, thereby adding linky links to my site. I just added some. You should check it out. I realize I am all woman-power right now with them, but I do not think this is a bad thing. It just so happens that I do not currently know of any men's magazines I want to link to and I do not have any male friends who have said, Please, please link me to your blog! Technically, Abi and Kari didn't ask either, I asked them, and let's pretend Margaret Cho did because I'm cooler if you think she talks to me. (hehe) Oh, and I would like to claim friendship with Ms. Waxman because she is awesome and I support everything she does, from sex education to her presidency at Feminists for Free Expression ( http://www.ffeusa.org/). But I will honestly just tell you that I met her once and spent some time with her and if I lived in New York, I would probably ask her out to coffee to chat some more....

But what I want to do, not right away, but eventually, is figure out how to put pictures on here. I know some of y'all must know how to do that, so one day, one of you must tell me. But not today, because my camera is broken.

No comments: