Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Musings from near 30-somethings while waiting in line to ride the roller coaster or Bon Jovi Rules

Me: Shot through the heart....
Me and Kiyo: And you're to blame! You give luuuuuu-0-uve a bad name, I play my part and you play your game, you give luuuuu-o-uve a bad name.
Gavin: Like Francis or Ethel....
Me: Huh?
Gavin: You know, a bad name! You give love a bad name!

Oh the laughter.

Are we getting old or what? Not only were we singing Bon Jovi (knew all the words) in public surrounded by hundreds of people, but we didn't even care! I remember when parks were all about checking out the cute boys and giggling. And NOT singing in public. Also, the fear/fun ratio has changed dramatically. I am going back, because I believe in conquering all fears. But I believe the raspy raw throat I have today is a tribute to the fact that things change and things that used to be a blast sometimes turn into things that make you want to pee your pants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

getting older is fun... especially if we don't use numbers like 27 or 28 to identify our age...

but what i meant to say is the shedding of old skin to make way for new skin is fun. i've been noticing it happening to me... at first in big monumental ways... and now i see it happening in little, subtle ways almost every day and I LOVE IT. not that i don't know who i am... more that i no longer have to let old definitions of myself inhibit me from becoming more of my self... LOVE IT.

kari

Anonymous said...

The wetting one's self seems to be a common theme as we grow.

Squishy frogs!
Gavin