Tuesday, August 30, 2005

things here and there

I just had a moment. Staring off into the distance. Thinking about my cat. She gives me great comfort and lots of love. I fondly think of her while I am at work. This attachment I have is a new thing to me!

Speaking of attachment, I surely need to work on Detachment. My Tuesday Epiphany is this: when things happen to make me feel insecure, sad, hurt, angry or frustrated, I often turn to the nearest human being for affirmation and comfort, regardless of whether they are equipped spiritually or intellectually to calm my fears, make sense of my confusion, or offer genuine understanding and condolence. This habit of mine can inadvertantly lead to backbiting or misunderstanding and severe judgement from the person with which I was trying to bond. If I can successfully learn to look inside and above for support in these instances, I believe I will gain the strength I need to let harmful words roll off my back instead of sinking into my soul and festering, and this skill I hope to attain will also help clarify my purpose and fortify my resolve to pursue the things that will get me to my goals in life happily....but for now, let me just say...arrrrgh! From now on, I shall confide more regularly to my cat instead of random humans. At least I know she will say one thing and one thing only, mraowww....

No comments: