Thursday, August 11, 2005

Heads High

I forgot how much I love dancehall! Reggae makes a morning commute not only tolerable, but enjoyable. My foot tapped all the way to Evanston. I was sad to have to take out the earphones when I reached my cubicle, but I had a BIG smile for the nasty bossman and while I am not sure if I am interested in scoring brownie points, the pearlies couldn't have hurt. Ipods are awesome, I also added Les Mis and Christina Aguilera--I am such a girl.

It's raining, so SummerDance may not take place/be all that fun tonight. But I am looking forward to seeing Funkadesi, as I have heard so much about them. Last night we won our volleyball game, so we made it through the first round of playoffs. The other team was really snarky, too. They yelled at each other a lot and were really anal about the points. I look forward to playing even more competitively in the fall, since I have decided, officially, to stay in Chi-town for another year. What better way to excercise? Also, I am pondering quitting smoking next week or so, except it makes me REALLY crabby so I will have to assess the feasibility of quitting when I am already annoyed at certain other things on a daily basis....like maybe I should wait to quit when I have my own apartment/sanctuary? New job? Am I making excuses? The point is I am thinking about it....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Leslie - waiting until you have your own sanctuary isn't such a bad option.

And are you saying you have dancehall music that you've downloaded? i love the sound of it and would love making reggae a feature in my own music library. but, i have no idea where to start.

kari

ElleG77 said...

I have a sort of 'best of'....my brother Louis has a lot more. You can certainly borrow my cd, and he may let you borrow his, too....it's GREAT stuff. Foot-tappin' for sure! Funkadesi was awesome, a combo of Indian and Carribean beats. And the band is so down-to-earth, seeking us out after the show to ask if we liked it and talking beats and music. I am glad I went, and it didn't rain at all....